The past few weeks have really led to many highs and lows. As summer comes to an end – although it doesn’t feel like summer is ending any time soon with this heat – many things have been going on around here.
Family and friends have been visiting and staying with us – before starting the exciting new school year.
One of my favorite days of the week has arrived, iiiiiiitS #TravelTuesday
Travel is a Billion Dollar industry almost teasing at Trillion Dollar status, Why?
Because EVERYONE loves to travel!
Upon my interactions on Facebook, I came across a most interesting blog name, 200 Saturdays until Paris
. Even though the name is pretty self-explanatory, I was still drawn by the name and the mission of the blog.
Every once in a while you come across someone whose spirit is iridescent.
Christine’s dream, for as long as she can remember, is to visit the City of Light and experience the majestic wonder it has to offer. The first step in her journey is 200 Saturdays until Paris. A personal blog, where she shares her passion for yoga practices, inspirational posts, and the daily shenanigans’ life sends her way – while researching for her dream vacation.
1. Tell us about a recent holiday
- The most recent vacation was in Las Vegas. You know the saying – whatever happens in Vegas – stays in Vegas. All I can divulge is – you can’t have a bad time in Vegas!
2. Best destination to travel to
- I love everywhere I go and haven’t been to every destination on my list – so this answer is always evolving. My answer for now is Bar Harbor, Maine. I like hiking and exploring. Acadia National Park was very memorable. One of the friendliest cities – in my opinion.
3. Worst Travel experience?
- Flight canceled and returned home a day late. My luggage decided to stay on vacation 2 additional days. I only take carry-on luggage now.
4. How traveling has changed your life?
- I love learning about new cultures – first hand. I love that it doesn’t matter what country I am in – we are different, yet the same. Human.
5. Where are you from?
- Chicago, but I live in Florida now.
6. Where have you been around the world?
- I haven’t been to as many places as some people. I really haven’t been around the world. I recently starting blogging and following travel blogs – there are so many places now added to the must see list. The places outside of the US that I have been to include, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Mexico and the Virgin Islands.
7. What is your favorite City?
- St. Augustine, FL – The location is convenient. There are so many things to do and see in the oldest city in the United States. I will have a post about St. Augustine, on my blog – soon.
8. What are your dream destinations?
- Since I have a blog dedicated to Paris – I would have to say France!
- Also Hawaii, Amsterdam and Canada.
9. Best item have you purchased overseas?
- I haven’t purchased any big ticket item for myself, on any trip. I tend to be cheap when it comes to myself. That will change – when I go shopping in Paris!
10. What time of the year do you like to travel?
- Anytime it isn’t too hot – I experience that enough where I live now.
11. How many times a year do you travel?
- As many as possible, although the last few years we were caring for our 3 elderly Chihuahua’s and couldn’t do much traveling. They are no longer with us. Our new puppies love to vacation at the doggie spa while we are away!
12. Show us your favorite travel picture?
13. What are some new and exciting cuisines that you tried on your travels?
- I don’t know if this is very exciting. One of my favorite memories on a trip to Jamaica, was having a resident cook a meal for us – in their home. The aroma in the house and the hospitality made it such a great experience. Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Red Stripe beer! Oh and Blue Mountain coffee is THE best coffee!
14. Have you ever lost something while traveling?
- Besides my dignity?? No – I usually triple check that I have everything.
15. What are your favorite travel activities?
- Para-sailing and climbing to the top of lighthouses. I really love architecture – looking for interesting buildings is one of my favorite things to do.
16. What are your must-have travel accessories?
17. What is your favorite accent in the world?
18. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
- Tough question. I could probably live anywhere, but, I haven’t been everywhere – so I am unable to choose the dream location. I suspect I will want to live in France, once I visit the City of Light. Home is where you hang your hat!
19. Why do you enjoy traveling?
- I love seeing new places and meeting new people. I have a weird fascination of people watching at the airport. I arrive hours before my flight, just to be able to people watch while I wait.
20. Do you have a travel buddy?
- I usually travel with my husband, but a getaway with the girls is always a good time.
21. What are some of the interesting places you’ve visited and the different cultures?
- Besides many places in the US – I have mostly been to the Caribbean. I feel any place you visit is interesting. There is always something to learn.
22. Have you ever had any bad travel experiences?
- Not really, besides my luggage abandoning me. All experiences are just that – experiences. You can learn from any of them.
23. Advice for those who want to travel but think they can’t?
- Give me a call – I will gladly go with you and show you that you can travel!
Road Trip around your country or Plane ride to an exotic location
Hotel or Hostel
Summer or Winter
My favorite season is Autumn – when the leaves are changing colors.
Window or Aisle seat
Book or Movie on the Plane
190 Saturdays until Paris